• Does the Utility office offer Auto Pay for my Water/Sewer bill?

    As of September 20, 2013 we are ready to accept auto pay applications.  You can find an application under online forms or at this link.

  • Are credit or debit cards accepted for payments?

    Yes.  We use a service called “Paygov”.  You can use this link or the link on our main page to access the site.  There will be an extra convenience fee added to your bill.  You can also pay with your card in the office.  The fee is slightly less if we scan the card.

  • How much is a Water/Sewer Deposit?

    Deposits to start a utility account are $100.00: $50.00 for water services and $50.00 for wastewater services.  Deposits are held until services are discontinued, they are then applied to your final bill.  Any remainder will be refunded after a forwarding address is provided by the customer.

  • Is trash pick up included in my water/sewer bill?

    Not at this time.

  • Can I burn in Town?

    You are allowed to have a burn barrel to burn paper products only in.  It should be covered with a grate for safety purposes.  You may also have a bon fire, you should have a “fire ring” and burn only wood products.

    Open burning of leaves and trash is prohibited.

  • Where can I get a reflective sign with my house number on it?

    The Fire Department makes these signs.  You can get an application on our website, under online forms or at this link.  Please know that signs will not be made until they are paid for.  You can drop the completed form and payment off at the Town Hall.

  • Who is responsible for trees between the sidewalk and street?

    As with mowing the grass in that area, the property owner is responsible for the maintenance of trees and the sidewalks.

  • When are Town Council meetings held?

    The Council meets the first and third Mondays of each month at 7:00 pm at the Town Hall.  If a holiday falls on that Monday, the meeting will be held the following Tuesday.  All other changes will be published on the website and the media will be notified.  If you would like to address the council, please contact the Clerk’s office by the Friday prior to the meeting to be added to our agenda.  The public is encouraged to attend all meetings.

  • When is Spring Clean Up held?

    Spring clean up days are normally the last weekend of April each year.  Check with the Clerk’s office for further details.

  • Do I need a permit for a garage or yard sale?

    The Town of LaGrange does not require a permit for yard or garage sales at this time.  There is however an ordinance in effect that states that you may only have 3 sales per year, per residence, and you must remove all signs advertising your sale.

  • When is the Town Garage Sale?

    Please check our events calendar or our Facebook page for the most up-to-date information. We charge a small fee to be added to our online map and help cover advertising costs.

  • I have a high water/sewer bill, do I qualify for a sewer adjustment?

    Adjustments to your sewer bill can be made if your water leak was such that the water ‘soaked’ away into the ground.  Usage that leaks down a drain or toilet cannot be adjusted off your bill.  There is a sewer adjustment application on the online forms page.

    Likewise, watering your yard, garden, washing your car, and filling swimming pools will not qualify you for an adjustment.

  • How can I check for and prevent leaks?

    Toilets and water heaters are usually the main culprit when facing a leak.

    Click here to watch how to check for a silent toilet leak.

    Click here to watch how to prevent a water heater leak.

  • When is my water/sewer bill due?

    Water and sewer bills are due the 10th of each month, if not paid at that time, a 10% penalty will be applied to the most current part of the unpaid amount due.  Utility bills are typically mailed by the 27th of each month.

  • Who maintains the composting site near the Fairgrounds, and what are the hours?

    The Street Department helps maintain the site, along with the North East Indiana Solid Waste District.  The site is open 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.  There is not a full time employee manning the site, if someone happens to be there, they may help you load compost onto your vehicle, however, most of the time you will need to plan to do this yourselves.

    Please follow the posted rules!

  • Why does the Street Department sweep streets in the rain?

    The rain settles the dust, making it a cleaner way to sweep streets for residents.

  • When will the Street Department pick up my yard waste?

    During March and April, large piles of brush and leaves will be picked up approximately every other week.  Brush and leaves should be piled separately.  Place leaves in wind rows in the street, brush piles at the edge of the street.

    Beginning in May, pick up will be the 4th Thursday of each month.  Please have larger piles of brush, limbs, or sticks piled at the edge of the street no later than Wednesday evening of that week.  No grass clippings!

    If this schedule doesn’t suit you, please remember that you can always take your own yard waste to the Composting site east of the Fairgrounds.  It is open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week for your convenience.  Please follow the posted rules!

  • When does fall leaf pick up begin and end?

    Typically the Street Department will begin leaf pick up in mid October and continues thru the end of November.  There is not a set schedule, the leaf vac begins at one end of town and works its way around until the whole town is serviced.  Of course, this schedule may vary depending on the weather!