NOTICE OF OPENING FOR THE POSITION OF FIRE CHIEF
LAGRANGE VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPARTMENT
The LaGrange Town Council will be excepting applications for the position of Fire Chief of the LaGrange Volunteer Fire Department. Deadline for submitting an application will be September 19, 2016, at 4:00 p.m.
Applications are available at the LaGrange Town Hall during regular business hours or can be found on the Town’s website at www.lagrangein.org. Applications can be dropped off or mailed to the LaGrange Town Hall, 1201 N. Townline Rd., LaGrange, IN 46761, attention Mark Eagleson, Town Manager.
The term of employment will be for a period of four (4) years beginning on the 1st day of November, 2016, subject, however to an annual retention vote of the LaGrange Town Council.
The applicants must meet the following requirements to serve as the Fire Chief of the LaGrange Volunteer Fire Department:
1. Meet the minimum training requirements for firefighters under Indiana Code 36-8-10.5.
2. Be a citizen of the United States.
3. Be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
4. Cannot have ever been convicted of a felony.
5. Be physically fit.
6. Be free of mental illness
7. Have at least five (5) years of continuous service with the LaGrange Volunteer Fire Department, some part of this service as an officer of such Department. This requirement may be waived by the LaGrange Town Council.
8. Possess a current and valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
In addition to the above requirements the Fire Chief must have or be able to procure within 18 months the following certifications or their equivalent and the certifications must be kept current:
1. Firefighter I: 655 IAC 1-2.1-4
2. Firefighter II: 655 IAC 1-2.1-5
3. Fire Officer Strategy and Tactics: 655 IAC 1-2.1-7.1
4. Instructor I: 655 IAC 1-2.1-19 or equivalent
5. Hazardous Materials First Responder Operations: 655 IAC 1-2.1-24.1
6. First Responder Certification
7. National Incident Command System (NIMS) Training as required by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
8. Incident Command System (ICS) Training as required by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)